Sunday 29 November 2009

The Beginning

Soooo... First things first.
I'm Millie. I turned 17 this month...got a beautiful first car...booked a christmas holiday to Florida....Fell down the stairs and broke my neck 6 days ago.
Gutted, I know.




Out and about with a few friends before the accident. Thats me in the middle>>

I thought I'd give blogging a go. Its a first for me but I quite fancy it.

So on Tuesday the 24th of November everything was going perfectly standardly. I was getting ready for school and on my way down the large spiral staircase we have, the heel of my shoe got caught in the turn-ups in my trousers. So i grabbed the central pole to try and stop my self falling but ended up spinning outwards, clearing the stairs, and fell (somehow in a very horizontal position) about 8ft and landed pretty much flat on my back on the slate floor. Oops!

Mum heard the crash and came running down the stairs (NOT tripping like a fool) to my side where I was lying, thinking "Ahh man, ima get some brusing from this. Might have to have a little sit down and miss the morning off school."

Dad came next and told me to lie still. Non of us actually thought I had done any serious damage but sice I fell a pretty long way, Mum thought she should ring 999 just incase.

So 15 mins later, an ambulence car rolled up outside our house and the two paramedics came and did some standard checkes on me. They decided that, just to be on the safe side, they should put ridiculous orange blocks either side of my head and tape them to a neck brace (not a good look!) and call a proper ambulence to take me to Worcester Royal Hospital...just incase.

So a few mins later, I was on a hard board, in the ambulence, cannula jabbed into my hand on my way to hospital. All the time thinking "This is sooo over the top. I'm fiiiine!"


<<>











I got to hospital a bit later...and (without trying to sound melodramatic) the nightmare started to unfold.




No comments:

Post a Comment